Thursday, September 29, 2011

Looking back, moving forward

I am so appreciative of my upbringing; Christian parents, Christian relatives, Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Church, Christian Schools (5-12th grade), Christian College, Pastors, Teachers, Elders, Friends. These have all shaped and influenced who I have become.

In Philippians 3:4-6, Paul lists his credentials or reasons for boasting. Then he says, "I consider them garbage, so that I may gain Christ and be found in Him..."
No offence meant to those who have poured your lives into mine, but garbage, compared to the righteousness that comes through Christ! Is it possible that as we find our identity in Christ, that we begin to separate ourselves from our past (even if it was a good past), and look only to the present and future hope of the Kingdom of God?

No comments: