Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Day

We enjoyed a day of Thanksgiving fun with my Mother's side of the family, at Uncle Jr's house. It was a good time spent eating, playing cards, and catching up with each other. I have always enjoyed these fun times with Family. My grandpa (who is in Heaven with our boys), always enjoyed having the family together, and just hanging out all day. We still enjoy these times together, and are thankful for the family heritage we've received. My grandpa always enjoyed a good story and a good laugh. This still rings true as we gather and tell stories of work and play, deer hunting, and anything else we find interesting.
I was struck by a comment by my brother-in-law at a recent church program, that this may be the last Thanksgiving that we enjoy together in this way, in this place. We are embarking on a journey that will take us away from dear friends and family for at least a year. Many may not be seen for 2 years or more. God bless each of you. God bless us.

No comments: