Monday, August 25, 2008

New Semester

I have had a good start to the first day of classes. This is my Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule:
8am-9am Jesus and the Gospels
9am-10am Anabaptist History and Thought
11am-11:30am Chapel
3pm-4pm Faith and Discipleship

Here is my Tuesday, Thursday schedule:
8am-10am Pastoral Care and Leadership

We have Formation on Tuesdays from 6:30pm till 8:30pm.
Thursday at 5:30pm is our PM supper.
Wednesday Suzanne is helping with Shine (Children's ministry at Hesston Mennonite Church) at 6:30pm

Suzanne is still teaching at the Wellness Center and will be helping with food prep 2 days a week and 1 weekend a month at the College. Our schedules are picking up, but we are looking forward to the fun.

I will be doing my Supervised Ministry at Hesston Mennonite Church, with the great John Murray. I am also serving as a Ministry Assistant on campus which involves being a pastoral presence to a group of guys and leading a Bible Study once a week.

Here we go, full speed ahead. Pray us well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn, The best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. Your work is worth doing, because the benefits are out of this world, and look at all the people you get help along the way !

Anonymous said...

So you are studying at Hesston? Have you had Dave Greiser yet or will you have him? I worked with him at Souderton Mennonite Church for a few years. He's great! Good luck with the semester! I go back on 9/9 for my senior year at Biblical Seminary in Hatfield, PA... getting my MDiv. It's exciting!