Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lenten Intentions

I have been giving up all extra internet access during lent.  I give it up Monday through Saturday and then use it a bunch on Sunday.  It has been going pretty well.  I cheated yesterday evening.  Suzanne and I were doing some planning for the future.  My intention has been to replace the time spent on the computer with time to connect with God.  I have had some great success and some great failure.  I think what I have found is that this is a good practice for year round.  To give up frivolous entertainment and trade it for time with God and my family.  This should be a continuous evaluation that we do on our lives.
Intentional living.  When we don't live intentionally, we end up wasting a lot of the good moments of life.  So, I must practice what I preach.  I am going to post this blog, make some popcorn and watch America's funniest videos with three of my four favorite girls.
God bless you and yours.
We miss you all, wherever you may be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn,

Wherever you go as a Pastor, take very seriously the message of the Gospel, but don't take yourself seriously ( be one of the flock ). Forgiveness is a funny thing - it warms the heart and cools the sting.