Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hiatus

Hiatus - a period of time when one is on a break. Wow! It has been a long time since I have refreshed this blog:) It has been a refreshing break, and I am not promising that I am back to regular publication either. I just felt compelled to update what we have been up to.

The last post said that we were moving. We have. Sort of. Somebody asked me the other day where we are living. After a pause, I said Ohio. They picked up my pause and asked, "Last month?" I said Kansas. They said, "Next month?" I said Nebraska.

There you have it. We are in transition. Being on Hiatus isn't as simple as it seems to those who aren't. You should try it for a month sometime. Somethings we are without - a home, a space of our own, a place to retreat, a regular schedule, our own things, a job, fulfilling and meaningful work, etc. You may or may not get the picture. I guess you have to experience it to understand it.

We have really enjoyed this "once in a lifetime" opportunity to be free, living with family and spending time with family and friends. It has been a good time to step back from schedules and disconnect from our stuff and let go of routines. We will probably never experience a month like this again, so we cherish the moments and days.

At the same time, we have the next piece of life planned and prepared for us. We are ready to embrace it and immerse ourselves in the work, play, growing, and knowing. But yet we can't. We have to wait. Waiting is hard sometimes. I want to begin what I have been called and prepared to do. But I can't. I'm forced (or I have chosen) to wait.

Well there it is. Rambling. Lightly filtered. Hiatus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn,

Hiatus - The best way to get your tomatoes to ripen is to go on vacation. Best Wishes - keep your sense of humor, and remember no matter what happens - The Best Is Yet To Come. :)