Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hello! Anybody still here?


My dad pointed out recently that it has been a while since I have posted here. He is right. A lot has happened since that last post on March 23. I passed the National Registry, and have my EMT license. I now have an extra 9 hours a week to get back to normal. The interesting thing is, it is hard to be normal again.
Follow me on this: Take everything that you are doing right now; work, family, hobbies, religion, volunteering, school, etc. Now add 9+ more hours of activity, which really removes 12+ hours a week that you have to do the things you were doing before. Do that for 4 months and it becomes the new normal. Now stop doing that added thing. What have you lost? What needs to be renewed or repaired? How do you get back to being yourself?
For me I have lost healthy things like leisure, spiritual disciplines, and I now feel guilty for taking a walk, or resting. And I know my work and personal life have suffered because of this.
Now my desire isn't to get back to where I was before the EMT class. And I would do it again; the class wasn't the problem. How do I move to a healthy place of balance again? How do I feed my soul? And I know everybody else has been or is in this place. So many good things to do and experience; people to spend time with and invest in. No answers today.
Follow this link to read a fellow pastor's reflections, which inspired this post:
http://blog.chron.com/thepeacepastor/2012/05/spiritual-energy-source/

No comments: