Sunday, June 22, 2008

New look, and the non fairness of life

I decided to try a new look for this blog page. It feels a little cleaner and seems to allow more of the post to fit onto your screen.

My CPE overnighter last Saturday evening was so busy that I got two separate half hours of sleep for the whole 16 hour period. Not so last night. It was fairly busy till about 9pm. I did some charting and then went to bed around 10:30. The pager went off at 4:19am, and I was up till 6am. Then I rested, but didn't sleep till the shift change at 7:45am. I feel really good right now and I didn't get a nap today.

Alyssa and Courtney went to a friends house for the afternoon today, while Emberlynn was very sad to have to be with Mommy and Daddy. She really wanted to be with her sisters. After a couple other conversations with the girls in which they expressed their sense of unfair or unequal treatment or number of cookies, it provided a forum for which we could express to the girls the reality that sometimes life just isn't fair, and their isn't anything you can do about. That is a tough concept for a 2, 4, and 6 year old. Giving them perspective of how it makes others feel from the other side seems to make sense to them. I pray that our girls will turn out to be healthy empathetic adults in the end.

No comments: