Thursday, September 4, 2008

Overwhelmed

Okay, so I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed. The last couple days especially. Can I have moment to complain? Thanks. Between 8am and 8pm, I have roughly 18 hours a week to read and write papers. Factor in 3 hours of Bible Study leadership and 4 hours of Supervised Ministry and that leaves me with 11. Informal conversations with teachers and other PM students probably accounts for a couple hours a week too. I do like to spend time with my family. Each of the girls need individual time, Suzanne needs my time, and we all as the five of us need time together too.
So this is an opportunity to learn how to balance my time and to say "No." I have said no to 2 fun things just this week, and I will have to say "not so much" to something else. This is the reality that people face when they work and minister in places that they feel called. My hat is off to those who are in ministry making these hard choices daily. God bless you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn you have a gigantic list of books to read this semester. I was overwhelmed just looking at it! (And a tad curious, I have to admit). I've enjoyed getting to chat now and again with you after MA meetings, and seeing you all at church. Been praying for balance and discernment for your family.

Anonymous said...

Shawn, Nothing lasts forever...even your troubles. Everything comes to an end. Thank God every morning that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not.

Zook Family said...

Hey Shawn,

I empathize with your feelings of being overwhelmed, and I'm glad to see that you are able to say no and are keeping your priorities straight.