Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Blankness revealed

So what's up with my last post?! I was on a silent retreat from Saturday noon till Sunday noon. No talking to other people. Only talking to God. It was a wonderful experience. A time to present myself to God without time constraints (they took all watches) and without agenda. I was amazed at how quickly God revealed a sin to me. It was within the first 5 minutes. The excruciating part was realizing that I was guilty of this sin at least a dozen times in the hour leading up to the revelation. OUCH! It felt like the Chucky Cheese game of Whack-a-mole!

I tried not to seek forgiveness too soon. I wanted to really experience the sorrow of my sin. I had the opportunity to walk a labyrinth, and was able to go deeper in the remembrance and the sorrow of how this hurts relationships and my compassion for people. I was able to experience forgiveness as I arrived at the center of the labyrinth. More thoughts on the labyrinth on my next post.

No comments: