Sunday, April 26, 2009

I am becoming a pastor

For those of you who didn't read the last two posts or who I haven't talked to in awhile, read those posts and then read on. The candidating weekend went really well. I felt real good about the sermon and many of the conversations that I had. Salem Mennonite Church of Shickley, Nebraska.
Salem voted on Sunday morning and I got a call soon after noon. It was a positive vote and they invited me to become their pastor. I accepted. I am thrilled, excited, elated. And just a tiny bit scared. That will probably increase as the time approaches, and on quiet days as I reflect. But I am becoming a pastor.
It has been a great experience to learn and grow in the Pastoral Ministry of Hesston College, Clinical Pastoral Education at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, KS, and Supervised Ministry with John Murray at Hesston Mennonite Church. All three of those experiences I would not trade, and I would highly recommend to anyone that has an inclination.
God is working in and through a person that is willing and called. I am becoming a pastor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn,

I hope everything goes really well for you and your family as you proceed into another step of your life. You are my hero. " Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go ". Joshua 1:9

Please keep us informed of how things are going if you can.