Monday, April 13, 2009

Post Lent

As you may recall from my earlier posts about lent, I had forsaken the use of non-school and non-candidating internet access on Mondays through Saturdays during the 40 days of lent.  Well we celebrated Easter yesterday!  He is Risen!  He is Risen Indeed!

This has been a good learning/growing experience.  My intention for lent was to reduce the amount of time and energy that I was spending doing less important things, so that I could spend that time and energy doing more important things.  Was I successful in resisting the temptation to use internet?  Was I successful in becoming a spiritual giant?  The answers are no and no.

But I was successful in reorienting my priorities and connecting with God.  It goes like this:  spend less time on the computer, get my school work done earlier, spend more time with my family, feel more connected with people and less rushed, drawn to reflect on my relationship with God, talk to God about that = success.  Isn't that the whole point?  To connect with God!  Plus there were all the side benefits of relationships with people and being less stressed and disconnected with myself.  Finally, I have realized how less important it is to know what is going on in the internet.  This has been a good discipline, but it isn't complete.  It is a continuous process of refinement.  Just like our relationships with God.  It isn't a one time prayer or commitment.  It is all about everyday, moment by moment, being transformed into the image of Christ.

No comments: