Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Des Moines, IA

Yesterday morning at 4:30am, I hopped into our car and drove like a bandit to Milford, NE (about 1 hour). Why like a bandit you ask? Well, I intended to leave around 4am, but didn't wake up till 4:20. Why Milford? In Milford, I hopped into Bellwood Mennonite Pastor Dave Miller's car, and we headed for Des Moines Mennonite Church. (about another 3 hours) Why Des Moines? You sure ask a lot of questions, so I'll tell ya.

Yesterday, Dave and I had interviews with the Pastoral Leadership Council of Central Plains Mennonite Conference. These interviews lasted about an hour, followed by a time of discernment by the council. Then they brought you back into the room and gave you their verdict, encouragement, and council. Dave was interviewing to be credentialed as an Ordained Minister. He passed. I was interviewing to be Licensed toward Ordination. I passed. Let's celebrate.

It was an enjoyable day. I really enjoyed catching up with Dave Miller. He is a Pastoral Ministries grad from Hesston College. He is also from Kidron, Ohio. He is interesting, witty, thoughtful, talented, and reading this blog (I found out yesterday) :)

The interview was also enjoyable. The council was very gracious, asked good thoughtful questions, and seemed very interested in the success of Salem Mennonite Church and myself as a pastor. God's blessings to the council members, Dave, and Salem as you all serve God and his church.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn,

Humor is hazardous to your stress. Keep up your sense of humor, being around a cheerful friend is like a sunny day. :)

Miller Family said...

Awesome - I made it onto Shawn's blog.

sln said...

Yes you did! Significant events have a away of ending up here in some form or another.

Anonymous said...

He is interesting, witty, thoughtful, talented, and a HYPOCRITE!