Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

People in Ohio are lazy:) Just kidding! No really, I am kidding!!!!! I just wanted to catch your attention. Now that I've got it. Are you enjoying your day off to celebrate labor day?
I haven't found anybody here in Shickley, Nebraska that is actually taking the day off. Everybody is laboring to celebrate Labor Day. The people that I talked to last night are doing construction (Brett and Swartzendruber construction), removing irrigation pipe from the field (Will and Don, and maybe Derek and Kristi), Suzanne is mowing the lawn, and there is this pastor who is working in his office.

The girls are off today from school. I plan to hang out with the family this afternoon.
We took the girls and some friends to the Nebraska State Fair in Lincoln on Saturday. It was a good time of seeing animals, watching people, eating lots of really tasty (and expensive) food, and being with friends. The only things that were missing was a Ventrac booth and my Dad's Amsoil booth where we get a yearly picture with he and the girls. We all got pretty tired by the end of the day.

No comments: