Monday, December 24, 2007

Homeless and Unemployed

As of Friday afternoon, we are homeless and unemployed. Although this is to be a temporary state. We are currently enjoying a couple days living with my parents, and then on Wednesday, we will be moving to Kansas. We have a place to live while I am in school at Hesston. However, the unemployed part will most likely be more persistent for at least 18 months.
I don't mean to make light of those who are homeless or unemployed. That is a very serious reality for many people in our world. I cannot say I understand their feelings or know what they go through. Only God's grace will get them through.
I am so excited about the whole Hesston experience to come! I am excited about school work, reading, and papers. I am excited about formation, supervised ministry, and becoming.
Yesterday, I talked with a current student that is in another seminary and his words of advise to me after his first semester were, "Don't do it." More on that in an upcoming post called "Don't do it".

No comments: