Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here am I, send me

This morning in Sunday School, we were looking at Isaiah 6. Isaiah saw a vision of God, and realized he was a man of unclean lips. God provided a fix for the problem, by having a live coal touch his lips and cleanse him. He then had no excuse but was able to say, "Here am I, send me."

This morning was also the morning when our Church had a time of sending for us. After many years of excuses, or reasons for not answering the call, we have finally said, "Here am I, send me."
It is getting more real by the day.
Less than a week left at a terrific place to work.
One more Sunday at a loving and nurturing church.
Just over a week to enjoying the familiar and enjoyable community.

We have a number of family gatherings and times to enjoy yet before we leave this area. I didn't include family and friends in the list of things that are ending soon, because they aren't. Family will still be family, and friends will still be friends. We are being sent, but we hope not forgotten. You know how to get in touch with us. We will miss you.

No comments: