Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sermon from Sunday

I was given the humble opportunity to preach a sermon on Sunday at Hope Community Church in Mt. Eaton.  This is the church that Suzanne's sister and family are heavily involved at.  They have gone through some tough transitions and losses over the year.  I appreciated the opportunity to worship with them and preach what God had laid on my heart.
For those of you who were praying, I feel it went really well.  There was a lot of seemingly heartfelt thanks and praise (praise doesn't sound like the right word, but...)
May God bless the hard work that they have ahead of them, seeking God's leading for their church.
I mentioned that we had some car work done.  My sermon was from Matthew 6:19-24 on Treasures, Eyes, and Masters.  My focus was on generosity and holding stuff loosely.  I had a number of opportunities to practice what I was preaching through our car, and some other things of this world.
May God be glorified through our lives and teaching.

No comments: