Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful to the near end

We had good time with Family and Friends for Thanksgiving.  Here is a sampling of our fun:






The girls, my Parents, and I went on a luminary walk at the Arboretum.  It was beautiful with the thousands of lights.  About half way through they had some fires and smores, which were a hit as you can tell.







This was towards the end of the luminary walk.  The girls were enjoying it much more than their faces show.  We have taken a couple pictures on this bench during the time that we have  been here in Hesston.





Suzanne and I ran in the Howard Hustle.  It is a 2 mile race named after the current President of Hesston College.  I have a special shirt on with a lightning bolt on the back.  I am "Nolt Bolt".  (Back in 95/96 I won the then current races)  Anybody that beat me got their name put in a drawing for a free pizza.  I came in about 12th place overall under 13 minutes and 3rd in my age group.  Suzanne came in under 18:30 in 90th place and 3rd in her age group.  She also beat Dave Greiser, who came in 2nd in his age group.  Well Done DAVE!




We had a good time with the Pastoral Ministry families at the stutzman retreat center.  Here are all but one of the children, notice the strong gender bias toward female.  The newborn not in the picture is also female.






Here are most of the PM'ers and families at our weekly carry-in meal at the Lark's Nest at HC.  As Mennonites, we are big on food and fellowship.

No comments: