Monday, December 15, 2008

Cold finals

This is according to a local forcast:
"The arctic air that brought a more than 25-degree temperature drop Sunday will stay in place the next few days in the Wichita area.

And while there may be a few flurries, the forecast through Tuesday does not call for any significant moisture, according to the National Weather Service."



Sunday morning at 6am it was 52, then by church time it was 33, finally by mid afternoon it was 16, overnight in the single digits.  I walked to school this morning and it was a bit cold (currently 3), but not windy so it was bearable.  Last night I walked to Pizza Hut, about 1.25 miles in 14 degrees, but walking into the wind of 30+ mph.  That was cold.  But the weird thing is, when you set your mind to something being doable, it actually becomes doable.  Other than not being able to feel the area around my eyes for a little while, it really wasn't that bad.  On the way home, the wind was at my back nearly pushing me home.  I got home to realize that I didn't have keys with me, and Suzanne and the girls weren't home yet.  Thank goodness for semi-warm garages.

No comments: