Friday, May 8, 2009

College is done for now

This week has been a different one for us, now that college is done.  Suzanne worked all day Tuesday through Thursday at the College, helping with cleaning of the cafeteria.  I had Emberlynn and Courtney at home.  We had some good times together.  We were at the Arboretum, took Bernard to the Wichita Airport, visited several parks, went on walks and bike rides, cleaned debris out of the ditch/river behind our house, played games, rode scooter, roller skated, swam in the little boat pool, picked up Alyssa after school, made and ate lunch, took Alyssa to piano lessons, worked on a sermon, and I'm sure I missed something.

It's days like these that I really appreciate Suzanne and the time that she invests in our girls.  I do it for 3 days and I am exhausted and short tempered:(  She does this for days without end.  I love Suzanne for so many things.  This is just one.  I am guessing that most moms feel like they come up short, and hope that their children turn out okay in spite of their childhoods.  Suzanne does really great.  Better than I think she realizes.  She is a wonderful mother.  Our girls and I are blessed to be with her:)

No comments: