Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sawing

One of our assignments was to clear a "branch" off of a trail high above camp. It turned out to be two large branches. We ended up cutting them into about 6 pieces and dragging them down the hill half way. The picture above shows Courtney and I trying saw it together. The girls were real troopers. Hiking up so high and sitting in the rain for a little while. We were up here for about 2 1/2 hours. As you can tell, it was a very steep incline.

We had an option of a gas powered chain saw. But this was a lot more fun for all. Suzanne and I had a lot of laughs. Especially when I was jumping on the log to break it. I lost my balance and nearly fell down the hill. If I would have got rolling, I doubt I would have stopped before either hitting a tree or getting to the bottom of the mountain.

No comments: