Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quality vs Quantity

How about quality and quantity? Can we separate the two? Sometimes we can't do both, but I have found that the goal must be both. I took off Monday and spent the day with the girls. We went shopping in Hastings, swimsuit shopping! Does a man enjoy shopping for swimsuits with 5 females? Not really, but it was quantity time. But that isn't enough. I needed to be more than present. I needed to be a participant.
So, I gave my opinion. I complemented their choices. We held hands, we hugged, we gave high fives, we ate Subway, and we enjoyed time (quality and quantity) together.
This is a picture of the church. We, the local body of Christ, need to spend quality and quantity time together. Sometimes we will be doing things we wouldn't have chosen, and we grow in love, faith, patience, deference, and the body of Christ is built up to a unity of faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ, until we arrive at maturity, attaining the full measure of Christ. (Ephesians 4:12-13)

No comments: