Thursday, June 30, 2011

Time takes longer

That has been another revelation in our short stay so far. We had to get used to the long distances to larger towns and services in Shickley, NE. But notice I said long distances, not longer drives. It just takes longer here in Ohio, due to traffic, curves, hills, stop signs, etc.
Shopping - I like going into a store in Nebraska, finding what I want and going to the register to check out. In Ohio, we wait in line to find what we want, and wait in line to get to the register.
Parade - We went to Orrville to a parade last night. It took 30 minutes from the start of the parade till it finally got to us. Then, the parade was nearly 90 minutes long. Lots of candy. It was fun.
Camping - We are going camping about 36 miles away. It will take over an hour to get there. Does that make sense?! I like Nebraska. 36 miles = 36 minutes.
Ohio is not so bad, I really not complaining. But we'll take Nebraska's time. It doesn't take as long. :)

No comments: