Monday, February 4, 2008

Basketball and a Father's heart

I had the wonderful opportunity of taking our youngest (2 years old going on 8) to a basketball game on Saturday night. She was very talkative on the way there, realizing that it was just her and Daddy. Her two sisters both had friends over that evening. She was riding on my shoulders and talking about school and church, and that she loves Mommy:) She then enjoyed a sucker at the game, the first of which ending up falling down through the bleachers. I gave her a second one, and after about 5 minutes she handed it back. I happened to be talking with a couple friends at the time, and all the sudden I realized she was asleep. What a sweety, and a sticky, her fingers were stuck together! She slept through the rest of the game and all the way home, and promptly woke up as we got into the house. She said she had fun with Daddy. I will cherish these moments and look forward to more.

Can the same be true of our Heavenly father? That he loves to be with us, and hear what is on our minds? Is it even possible that he cherishes the time that we fellowship with him, even when we fall asleep? Spend some time with your Heavenly father and tell him that you have enjoyed being with him today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Shawn,

I enjoyed this blog entry and found it touching. I think it's important for parents and their children to have one-on-one time. How nice that you could just appreciate your daughter's sweetness and overlook the stickiness. I appreciated your comments about God. I believe he does want us to spend time with him, even when we might be "sticky" or asleep.

Blessings to you & Suzanne and the family! Missy

sln said...

Thanks Missy, it is nice to hear from you. I will forward this comment to Suzanne as well. The girls enjoyed the drawings and pictures that they got from your girls a couple weeks ago. I hope you all are doing well.
God be praised!

bemunsey said...

Hey Shawn,

My wife and I enjoy reading your blog and learning about the new adventures you and your family are having. (although this is our first post) Sounds like your having a great time there. Its nice to see you still making time for your children even though your school work takes up alot of your time. We'll keep you in our prayers.

God Bless

Munsey's

sln said...

Hello and thank you for your comments. It is good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you and wondering how things are going in Ohio for you'all. My prayer for you is that you are staying close to God, and you are sensing him close to you.
Are you coaching, driving bus, or both for Basketball this year?