Monday, February 4, 2008

Praise the Lord

As I am learning in our study of Psalms, many times we need to praise God when it's bad. Actually, that is probably the most important time to be talking to God, and pouring out our hearts. I have found in tough times that the act of communicating my rotten feelings with God, has brought me to the point of saying, "but nonetheless, I will still praise you God!"

I feel the need to say "yeah God!" and recount the ways that he has blessed us this year.
-generous donations from our Chestnut Ridge Church family
-prayers, packages, cards, emails, and phone calls from family and friends
-inexpensive rent in a very nice sized house close to campus
-blow your socks off gift from a previous fellow worker
-warm and ongoing welcome from Hesston College, Hesston Elementary, and Hesston town
-friendships forming with other PM students
-gift of transportation moving to Hesston by VPI and friends
-our families willingness to part with our immediate presence
-a couple key grants to help with tuition
-other God moments of running into people at the right time
-Godly, caring faculty
-God's promise to always be with us (Matthew 28:20)

No comments: