Friday, April 18, 2008

Good growth

Where has the time gone? One week of classes, and one week of finals. That's it, no more. I have a lot to accomplish yet in these 2 weeks, but yet it has gone so fast. I feel like I have learned a lot of things and that I have grown in helpful ways.

How about you? Have you learned anything in the last 4 months? Have you grown in helpful ways? I shouldn't have all the fun! We all need to grow as individuals. Just as importantly, if not more, we need to grow corporately. Have you grown as a church? Have you grown as a company? Have you grown as a team? Have you grown as a family?

In all healthy areas of our lives we need to grow. It is a proven fact in nature (water those plants), our bodies (eat), relationships (time, love, and forgiveness), and business (invest in people and tools) that we don't stay in the same state without energy expended. We either improve or we deteriorate. We can only stay in a stasis for a short period of time. Sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking that we have arrived and it will stay the same for eternity. That is when it starts to slip. Desire Growth!

Ouch! I am talking to myself too. I have grown in some areas, but their are other areas that I have neglected where I need growth too.

1 comment:

Zook Family said...

I've learned that sometimes you might as well keep your suggestions to yourself, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."

I've learned to take time... time with kids, time with family.

I'm learning (again) that biking to work isn't as hard as it seems. (Now if I could just keep that thought through the winter...)

I'm growing (and learning) as a Believer by getting into the Bible regularly again. Still need to learn how to pray and grow in that area some more.

I keep asking God to help me grow to be the person he wants me to be... to show me where I should be if I'm not in the right spot... and to fill me with his Spirit.