Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kansas Relief Sale

We were at the Kansas Relief Sale on Saturday. It is held in Hutchinson at the State Fair grounds. They only use about 5 of the buildings. It was kind of interesting to note the different feel of the relief sale, when you don't know very many people. I really only knew people that were from the college. Back in Kidron, it is a lot of fun to go and see people that you haven't seen for a year or more. Well maybe some day we will get back there again.
Here are a couple pictures that we took, just to get a little picture of what things look like for those of you who are familiar with Ohio's relief sale:

First we have the "feeding of the multitude" area with random strangers. They did a real good job of moving people through this area. We got to enjoy Verenika with ham gravy, a sausage, and a bohne berrogi for desert. These were all new for us and really good.

Next we have a picture of the girls on Saturday morning waiting for me to finish the 5K race. I had a personal best, beating my time from 2002. I ran a 21:31 and it felt really good for 3 weeks of training.


Here I am finishing the race. It is a little smaller than the Ohio one. My time of 21:31 would have got me 35-40th place in Ohio. In Kansas it got me about 7th, but unfortunately my age group was well represented. I got fourth in my age group:)

This next shot is just one of the buildings, specifically the one that housed the Children's games and auction.
The awesome barrel train! The girls really enjoyed it. My girls are the three with their backs too me. I have tried to keep from posting pictures of our girls due to this being a public site, and they turned their heads at the same time without my prompting.


Here is a final picture of the awesome (and fast) feedbag slide that the girls and Suzanne just loved! I enjoyed it too. Random strangers again.

If you want to see more pictures from the official relief sale sight, check out this link.

No comments: