Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ministry opportunity - Thanks for praying

I accepted the position and am really excited about next year. Here is the job description that I was given after accepting (my comments in parentheses):

Organize a Bible study for Erb Hall men (4 mods)
Meet regularly with other Bible Study MA's and Campus Pastor
Build relationships and be a Pastoral Presence (this will be good practice)

We also sign you up as a Mover and Shaker to help you meet students. You get paid by admissions to move students in the dorm and a T-shirt. (sweet, oh the hardships of ministry:)

I am sure you will get some free donuts. (Like I said before, oh the hardships of ministry:)
I would suggest that you would play some intramural, (once again, this is going to be rough:)
walk through the dorm once a week.
Chat with your guys when you see them on campus
Lead a Bible Study.

It is pretty relational, and it as much about presence as program.


All joking aside from above. I am really looking forward to being able to practice a ministry presence and interact with some awesome students. I am sure that I will learn as much as they do, if not more.

It is refreshing to look at next year and see that I will have ample opportunity to begin doing ministry. More on that in future posts.

No comments: