Sunday, May 11, 2008

Reading list change

You may notice that my list of things that I am currently reading has changed. Instead of roughly 2 dozen books, there are a handful. This is my summer reading list for now, with a couple highlights below.

I am reading the New Testament straight through this summer. It is neat to pick up things that I have forgotten, and to discover new truths.
I am reading Crucial Conversations for CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) this summer. It starts May 27th. I wrote about it here earlier if you're not familiar with CPE. Here is how my interview went. For those of you who asked. They usually take 3 students from Hesston each year. There are 5 of us. We all got in. They are taking 4 of us, and the 5th one is doing his at another location.
I am reading A Hidden Wholeness for next Semester's Pastoral Care and Leadership class.
I am reading Jesus for President because it sounds really interesting.

These are big goals for summer reading, but I hope to accomplish it while doing 50+ hours of cpe, enjoying time with my wife and girls, entertaining the wonderful visitors who brave 100+ F temperatures this summer, and taking in all that is life during this unique time of our lives.

No comments: