Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Coming soon

I might have a link to share with you here, in the next post. I might, I hope... If I don't then I am sorry. If I do, then you will get to enjoy it. Anybody curious? I am:)

Classes are going well. I will have my first 3 exams Thursday and Friday. We have our first big inductive Bible Study due on Thursday. It is over 2 Samuel 13; a very intriguing passage. It gets more interesting as you dig behind the scenes and look at the Cultural-Historical context (what did it mean to the original readers/hearers of the story?) and the literary context (what happened before and after this story?). The stories come alive with new meaning when I take off my white, male, born in the 70's, Mennonite, American "glasses", and try to see things from the Biblical times perspective. This can be hard to do, but it is rewarding as we remember that a passage cannot say something to us today, that it didn't say to the original audience.

Something to think about.

No comments: