Friday, January 4, 2008

We are family

This morning rather early, my parents headed back to Ohio. We have been so thankful for letting us stay at their house during the Holidays, driving out with us during the move, and staying with us during the first number of days of our new life in Kansas. If you read this Mom and Dad, "I love you!".
It is just us now. The girls did some extra acting up today- pushing the limits, being extra demanding. Suzanne and I have been counseled to expect this and we have been expecting it. We love our girls, and they have done very good despite a long move and disrupted schedule.
Today was Alyssa's second day of school here, and she wanted me to take her. After dropping her off, I dropped my computer off at the college to have it prepared for campus access. Then, I went home to play "candyland", "memory", "pick-up-sticks", and "strawberry short cake old maid" with Courtney and Emberlynn. Suzanne went to the wellness center to exercise and spend some time in a water aerobics class. She is hoping to teach a class or two a week for some small income and a welcome time of adult interaction.
I met with the college IT staff this morning just to see what kind of work is available on campus, if I have any extra time. It looks like they could give me all the work I could want. However, they and I realize the main reason I am here is to be in the PM program. So, time priority during the normal 8am to 5pm day will go something like this:

Classes, Reading, Writing
Giving Suzanne work time and Sanity
Family time
Working in IT

I think that looks right. If you are offended by this order, you probably misunderstood me.

1 comment:

Zook Family said...

Hey Shawn,

That's cool that you found some work. I completely understand your priorities, BTW.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family during these stressful years.