Sunday, January 18, 2009

How are you?

Have you ever answered, "busy"?  Usually the question is meant as a feeling question.  Busy isn't really a feeling.  It brings feelings, such as tired, stressed, energized, etc.  It really seems like a good answer in our society.  We think it would be wrong to say, "at peace", because then the assumption is lazy, slothful, disengaged.  How can a Christian or any caring and productive member of a society not be busy?!  If I am not busy, and you are, then I may be afraid that you will give me something to do from your plate.  But maybe I'm not busy, because I have found rest, contendedness, and the assertiveness to say "no".

These thoughts are not aimed at anyone or even a certain situation.  In fact, they are self critical and self convicting.  Just some thoughts that have been rolling around in my head/heart.  If it speaks to you, then it is aimed at you.  I am releasing the arrow with my eyes closed, and my heart open...

Proverbs 27:6a

No comments: