Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Practice what you preach

The last two posts are my own medicine.  May I complain for a moment?  Since noone said, "No."  I will continue:)  That is the beauty of blogging, no one can interupt you before it's too late!

This past weekend has been "occupied", this week has been busy.  It feels like every extra moment I have is filled with reading or writing or relationships related to college.  And then the moments beyond that are filled with writing and preparing a sermon for Sunday.  (I know Bruce Hamsher and all you great pastors out there are saying, "welcome to ministry.")  This weekend involves an all day Friday and Saturday class.   So there is my rant.  It actually isn't a complaint, it is a confession.  I am not the rested leader that I want to be.  I am busy, but if you asked me how I am doing, I would say "good".  And it is true, but I am just over the edge of my capacity.  I can't sustain this pace for too much longer.  I will have to make time for rest, relaxation, relationship, and reflection.

To that end, I am blowing off the next 30 minutes of productive time by going to the prayer room at HMC and being with God.  Followed by Supper with my family and a guys night out to see the WSU shockers.  All will be well.

No comments: